CODE2040 creates pathways to success for Blacks and Latino/as in the innovation economy.
CODE2040 is a nonprofit organization that creates programs that increase the representation of Blacks and Latino/as in the innovation economy. We believe the tech sector, communities of color, and the country as a whole will be stronger if talent from all backgrounds is included in the creation of the companies, programs, and products of tomorrow.
What We've Achieved
- Our flagship Fellows Program has grown from five students in our pilot summer to 25 in summer 2014.
- In 2013, 90% of Fellows received return offers from their summer employers.
- CODE2040 Fellows report huge increases in self-confidence as a result of their participation in the program.
- Over 1,000 students have applied to become CODE2040 Fellows.
- Over 200 companies have expressed interest in hosting Fellows for summer internships.
- Our work has been featured in USA Today, NPR, Fast Company, Forbes, and more.